Inspired by the growing popularity (and increased enjoyment) of indoor riding, the Winter Collection from SILCA has been developed with input from pro athletes, mechanics, our customers, and of course, our own experiences. Here are some final points to remember when starting an Indoor Training Program in the Winter:
- Indoor cycling creates more of a corrosion and equipment risk to your bicycle than outdoor riding, even wet outdoor riding
- Aluminum components are just as affected by sweat and corrosion; as well as, steel ones for some thin-walled parts such as handlebars
- Hard to replace components such as headsets and bottom brackets can be completely ruined in as little as 100 hours of sweaty indoor riding
- Expensive smart trainers and grade simulators contain sensitive electronics, motors, and bearings which can be damaged or destroyed by prolonged contact with sweat
- Indoor riding can be as much as 2x more likely to result in chafing, hotspots or saddle sores
- Indoor riding sees more hand pressure and related hand and wrist pain due to riders changing position less frequently
Sorry, there are no products in this collection.